|Location||Cadogan Place South Garden|
|Site class||18th Century?|
4 or 4 black mulberries, 2 supported on posts. "Until 1777 the site of Cadogan Place was almost completely occupied by fields. After 1777, 100 acres (c 40ha) of land to the west of the site was developed as Hans Town by the architect Henry Holland (1745-1806) for the owner, Charles, first Earl of Cadogan." It used to be known as the Chelsea Botanic Garden and is mentioned under this name by Webster (2) Can visit on open gardens day in June: (18-19 June in 2016).
Find out more at www.moruslondinium.org/research/cadogan-place-reveals-mulberries
Help us survey London's mulberry trees to update the National Biodiversity Network's records.
Its hard to find mulberry fruit in the shops, but London has a bountiful supply of trees to forage from!