|Location||Walled Garden, Brockwell Park|
|Site class||100 Years + Young One|
The present Brockwell Hall was built between 1811-13 as the home of glass merchant John Blades. The walled garden was originally the kitchen garden of the Tudor Brockwell Hall nearer to Norwood Road, which was demolished when Blades bought it. London County Council took over the house and land in 1891. J J Sexby laid out a formal English Garden. The mulberry probably dates from then, (around 1901), but could be 100 years older. There could have been a mulberry in the Tudor garden, though not this one.
Find out more at moruslondinium.org/research/brockwell-park-200-year-mulberry
Help us survey London's mulberry trees to update the National Biodiversity Network's records.
Its hard to find mulberry fruit in the shops, but London has a bountiful supply of trees to forage from!